Thursday, December 20, 2012

The past 4 months

Sorry for not updating this blog as much as I should. The past 3.5 months have been hard work on the farm. I have been working with the animals a lot more. Weaning sheep and kettle, pregtesting, stock moves ...
Also a lot of spraying herbicides, driving over padocks for days and days on the quad untill my butt hurt. I had to learn how to drive a deutz tractor, bobcat and clark.
Afer a few weeks I got a second job at the local Tav. That extended my work week to around 55 hours.
But it wasnt all work and no play. Pascal and I drove to Adelaide and went to a rodeo with some friends. We also had a lot of fun nights at the tav and visited my big brother in Melbourne a couple of times.
I spent my hard earned money on a Nissan Patrol that was supposed to bring me and my travel parnters all around australia. In the end I spent 1200 dollars on repairs and still had to sell it and get a different car. Lost lots of cash :/ It was just to far gone. I have a Mitsubishi Magna station wagon now that is serving me good and is reliable.
I have to say that things in the country are so much easier. You make friends a lot faster and there is a big community bond.
I will upload a few pictures and then write a new entry updating you on life after Willalooka :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment