Friday, August 17, 2012

Bye bye gold coast hello winter

I have said goodbye to the gold coast. I had a great time in the sun and will miss my neace and sister in law. But it is also very expensive!

3 days ago I finished cleaning ollis house and filling up the car with the rest of his stuff that he needed in Melbourne.
Its amazing what will fit in a car when you think of it as a tetris game.


I started driving at 1pm using my phone as a radio as the cars stereo doesnt work.
First stop was Coffs Harbour. I arrived at 5pm. The hostel I chose was called Aussietell. It was cheap with $23 for a 4 bed. But it was SO loud. I went to bed at 9.30 and fell asleep at 11.30 .. woke up at 5 :-/
The next day I drove for 9 hours. Breaking my rule not to drive at dawn or dusk. But I had to get to Golbourn. I stepped out of the car and was freezing.
I found a dodgy motel for $70 the night.

Today I woke up at 6am and headed out for the last day of this very exhausting trip.
It started raining after about an hour. My car was packed to the top and the axles are broken so driving was already a bit nervwrecking. But strong winds and rainfall made everything even more grueling.



Well I made it after all. I left with flip flops and shorts and arrived in my winter gear and rain jacket. Yay.
Tonight I will have a nice beer with my big brother and sleep in a hostel and tomorrow a 7 hour bus drive to south australia.

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Yvonne
    danke für die neuen ausführlichen Berichte hier - und die neuen Bilder.

    Ich hoffe es geht dir gut und deine Kopfschmerzen sind besser....dann gutes Gelingen bei Passi auf der Farm....Deine Mum

    ReplyDelete